By Karen Best Wright, B.S., M.A., CHES
I really appreciate the emails I get from grandmothers who share the activities they do with their grandchildren. And you know what? None of these activities cost a lot of money. Which is good because grandparents, especially single grandmothers don't have much to spend on fun activities. Below are a few activities that have been shared with me.
1. Go to the ocean (they live near the ocean).
2. Camp two nights in Pappa's van (it has a bed in it).
3. Go to a volleyball or basketball game
4. Pack a lunch and go to the park
5. Visit cousins
6. Watch a parade (in person, not on TV)
7. Church Pot-Luck dinner
8. Boat Show or Home Show
9. Free outdoor concerts
10. Hike in a State or National Park
Keep your ideas coming, Thanks.
Karen Wright, grandmother